Our skin is a living tissue, and even a brief heating above 49°C can damages its cells.
The injury may range from minor to major. There are also types of burns, but in this article, we will be going through the first aid treatment we can offer to victims.
In case we encounter such victims, we can render little help before transferring to hospital.
1. Immersed the burned area immediately in cold, running water.
2. Or apply a cold-water compress (a clean towel or handkerchief) until the pain diminishes. This will reduce pain and blood loss.
3. Remove any clothe, watches, bracelets, rings or belts from the area before it begins to swell
4. Cover/dress the area with a clean, nonfluffy material. IF POSSIBLE, STERILE.
1. If a person’s clothing is on fire, douse the victim with water or wrap him or her in a blanket and place on the ground.
2. Do not remove the clothing that is stuck to the wound, but cover any exposed burned areas with a dry, clean, nonfluffy cloth to prevent infections.
Having done all these, transfer to the nearest hospital.
– use adhesive dressings on burns
– apply butter, oil, or grease
– apply lotions or creams
– prick blisters with a pin or otherwise interfere with the injured area